I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you to Four Blue Hills for nominating me. I’m really pleased to have got this so early in my blogging life!
The rules for the Versatile Blog Awards are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post.
I’ve seen other variations of this award where you have to only choose 5 and they all have to be new. Anyway, I did manage to choose 15 blogs that I love reading. I know some bloggers don’t like this whole chain letter type thing so there is no obligation to forward the award on if you don’t want to, but please just accept this as the compliment it is meant to be.
So, in no particular order, some great bloggers who you should be reading are:
The Simple Life of a Country Man’s Wife – beautifully written tales of the simple life in South Dakota
Are You There, Youth? It’s Me, Nikki – bring back all those memories of 70’s and 80’s “young adult” books!
Flippism Is the Key – Professor Batty has been writing about Iceland far longer than I have, so check out his Iceland section if you want to learn a thing or two.
The Dog-Days Queen – Abi is an au pair in Reykjavik. Very well written and I wish I could have done this when I was her age!
Knitting My Day Away – An Icelander and a knitter, she makes beautiful things.
It’s the Journey – Another inspiring Icelander having big adventures.
Ice Beautiful – Jurgita is a creative Lithuanian designer living in Iceland.
Double Dutch Diaries – Amazing Alaskan stories of bush life.
Diary of a White Indian Housewife – Great blog by Aussie Sharell who moved to India to be with her Indian husband. Culture shock!
Angela’s Adventures in Banagalore – An insight on being a western woman in the workplace in India.
Never Done It That Way Before – I found this one on Freshly Pressed. A great writer who brings parenting and a small community to life.
My Own Ashram – A personal spiritual journey.
7 random facts about me – I’ve tried to pick some that are humorous but not too embarrassing – I’ll save those for the next award! Here goes:
- I can be scarily ditzy. I live very much in my own daydreaming world and have failed to notice really obvious things that are happening around me like theft (oops!) and car accidents (I wondered what that bang was).
- I LOVE IT when people fall or even slip. Funniest thing ever.
- When I was little, I was so desperate to impress a deaf girl that I pretended I knew sign language. I didn’t get away with that for very long.
- I took many attempts to pass my driving test.
- I’ve been chased by a mob in China who all wanted to me to pay them to carry my bag for me. It was scary and also sad that they were so desperate.
- I unwillingly became part of a medieval jousting tournament. It’s just so not me.
- Some of these events can possibly be explained by the fact that I am both left-handed and an expat and therefore