With aching fingers I am pleased to tell you that my attempt at knitting a scarf with Icelandic wool is done!!!
Last time you saw it, it looked like this:
(read my original post here)
This is probably the best thing I’ve made yet, although it does have some annoying mistakes in it. It also had many, many ends to weave in, and this was good practice for me, I was getting quite good by the end.
Here is the finished product:
Somehow in my knitting I must have twisted the whole thing around at some point as most of the “wrong side” (ie showing colour changes) is on one side, but there is a section in the middle where it’s on the other side, so I’ve ended up with two wrong sides! Also, the pattern is a stockinette stitch which I have always read shouldn’t be done with scarves as you end up with curled up sides. So, as expected I do have curled up sides but they curl both up and down, again because I must have twisted the whole thing around at that point in the middle.
Anyway, all that aside, I’m really glad I stuck with it and it’s the longest thing I’ve ever made and all practice is good practice. Unfortunately we are having a typical English MILD winter so I’m not sure when I’m ever going to get to wear it. I’m wearing it now so that at least it gets some use!
I did have just enough to make my little helper her own little scarf but she wasn’t too impressed with it.
The next thing I am going to make is a merino wool scarf for Mr I’dratherbeiniceland, and that is going to expand my repertoire even more as it will involve knitting with two colours at once AND doing slip stitches for the first time. I know, very exciting stuff here.
Back to the Icelandic wool. I have 50 grams of the same lett lopi in dark brown and need to think of what to do with that.
I also have 100 grams of this: