As a runner, having some decent music to run to can be key sometimes in keeping up your motivation. I listen to an ever-evolving mix of music when I’m running. I usually listen to mostly British/American music with a handful of Icelandic songs thrown in but thought it might be fun to try and do a completely Icelandic running playlist. Once I got going it was hard to narrow the list down! So yes, I know I’ve left lots of good songs off. This idea was inspired by Running on Sober who does a great job of regularly posting inspiring running music and quotes.
I’ve included a warm-up and cooldown song, and the rest are a mix of mainly rock with some electronic and 80’s sounds. Even if you don’t run, you might like some of this music!
1. Sigur Ros – Glósóli
2. Vicky – Blizzard
3. Berndsen – Supertime (if it’s good enough to run away from the zombies in Zombie Iceland it’s good enough for me)
4. Legend – City (I am obsessed with Legend right now)
5. Lay Low – Vonin
6. Dead Skeletons – Dead Mantra (I alternated between this and Ghostigital’s “Suicide” which gives you an idea of how running can make you feel)
7. Mammút – Svefnsýkt
8. Just Another Snake Cult – I Know She Does
9. Sykur – Reykjavík
10. Sin Fang Bous – Catch the Light